Is the charger of lead-acid battery and lithium battery universal
Because the process of replacing lead-acid battery with lithium battery is accelerating, some people buy lead-acid battery electric vehicle and then change it into lithium battery electric vehicle, can't help wondering: can the charger of lead-acid battery be used to charge lithium battery before? In this regard, relevant information shows that this is not feasible.
As the lead-acid battery charger is generally set to two-stage or three-stage charging mode, the voltage level of lithium battery and lead-acid battery does not match. There are many kinds of lithium batteries, and the battery performance and parameters of the battery protection board may be different. So unlike lead-acid batteries, lithium batteries have universal battery chargers. Generally speaking, lithium batteries are delivered with a special charger. In order to protect the lithium battery, a special charger is needed.
The following are the relevant matters to be noted when charging the lithium battery:
1. In order to prolong the life of lithium battery, it is necessary to charge and discharge lithium battery frequently. To form the habit that cycling electric vehicles must be charged after 80% of the electricity is used up, you can't wait for the electricity to run out before charging. In addition, lithium batteries must not be stored for a long time.
2. When charging the electric vehicle battery, the switch lock must be closed and the battery cannot be turned upside down. When charging, it should be fully charged at one time, not multiple times.
3. Electrical appliances should not be stored in the state of power loss, so the battery should be fully charged once a month when it is not in use.
4. The lithium battery needs to use a matching charger when charging. Because the raw materials of the battery are different from the production process of the lithium battery, the technical requirements for the charger are also different. Therefore, only using a special charger for charging can make the life of the lithium battery longer and prevent potential safety hazards.
5. When the lithium battery is out of power, turn off the power supply and ride. Do not use the pick-up voltage to drive, so as to prevent serious power loss, so as to extend the service life of the battery.
6. When charging the lithium battery of electric vehicle, float for another 1-2 hours when the charging indicator shows full charge, and it is not suitable to stop charging immediately.